Now that I am done (for now) following the 21-Day Fix Extreme meal plan, I have more freedom to play with recipes. I am going to make up for lost time by including THREE awesome recipes here! The direct link to this blog is “LipglossLungesAndLUNCHES.com,” so I better live up to the lunches! Maybe you can even use one or all three of these recipes during this holiday weekend!
The reasons for these three recipes I’ve selected in particular is that Tommy has had me bring all three to work for various pot lucks, so they seem like good choices!
Ok, so the first two are to delight your sweet tooth! I made them at the tail end of round one of the 21 Day Fix Extreme, so I couldn’t eat them until after! I saved some and brought them home with me to Milwaukee to have during my time between rounds, but they did NOT travel well!
Here’s the before and after!
So sad! Anyway, here are the recipes for these!
- 1 8-ounce package of cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pint strawberries, with the cores cut out
- A couple crushed graham crackers
- Wash the strawberries, and cut out the cores. Save the cores to drink in your smoothies/shakes! You can even blend up the leaves, and they are still good! 😉
- Mix the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until it is completely blended and somewhat fluffy. Put the mixture into a plastic bag, and cut the corner off, so that you have an icing bag (or if you have an icing bag already because you're a pro, use that)!
- Squeeze the cream cheese mixture into the cores of the strawberries.
- Dip the tops in the crushed graham crackers (or you can sprinkle it on the top, but it sticks better if you dip em)!
- Keep them cold until you serve them!
- Did you know that once you wash berries, they start to decay faster? Don't wash them until you are right about to eat them, and they will stay fresher longer!
The next recipe on the board is a favorite from the calendar of recipes that comes when you order Shakeology, so you have a variety of ways to prepare and eat it! It’s Shakeology No-Bake Cookies, which are about as healthy as cookies can possibly get! Never heard of Shakeology? Check it out here!
- 1 Cup Of Chocolate Shakeology
- 1 Cup Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Quick Oats
- 1/3 Cup Honey
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Use your hands to roll into balls, and flatten them.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat.
- Serve and enjoy!
- There is A LOT of fiber in these because Shakeology is high in fiber! So, don't go too crazy, or you may... Well, you know what happens when you eat a lot of fiber!
- 1lb chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into ¼ inch thick slices
- A breakfast ham or two, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced crushed
- 1 box diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1.5 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried leaf thyme
- 1 tbsp parsley (fresh is preferable, but dried will do in a pinch!)
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 large head of cauliflower
- 1 pound shelled, deveined and cleaned shrimp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil and lightly cook the sausage, ham and chicken over medium heat.
- Once golden, add onion, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until onion becomes translucent.
- Transfer items from the frying pan into a large pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, chicken broth, thyme, parsley and chili powder and bring to a simmer.
- While the mixture is simmering (you’ll want to let it go for about 20 minutes, uncovered, stirring occasionally), place the cauliflower in a food processor and shred until it becomes the consistency of rice.
- Add the cauliflower “rice” to the mixture and simmer for another 15 minutes until tender.
- Add shrimp and simmer for another 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and adjust other spices as needed. Serve piping hot. Serves 6.
- Read more: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-jambalaya/#ixzz3en9fMwcB
- I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts, because it's more primal - fat is delicious and good for you! I use tomatoes in a box/carton instead of tomatoes in a can, because I have read that the chemicals in the canned tomatoes are bad! I add ham and extra shrimp to make it extra delicious!
Like what you read? Check out the other posts, too! And enter your email below, so you don’t miss any! 😉