Wow, it has been a really long time since I have updated the “meals” portion of this website! I am well overdue! I have been making a lot of the same old recipes, which are all so delicious, I didn’t feel inclined to experiment much, and when I did, I guess it wasn’t worth sharing! Today, however, I have a Cheesy Taco Casserole recipe that just might blow your mind!
Of course, since I am sharing it, it is gluten-free, low carb, primal, ALMOST paleo (depending on your dairy preferences), and is keto!
Are you ready for some Cheesy Taco Casserole?
- 1.5lbs grassfed ground beef
- 7oz diced tomatoes & chiles in BPA-free can
- 2oz can of diced chiles
- 6oz shredded cheese from a grassfed cow
- 1 cup whole cottage cheese from a grassfed cow
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 scallion, chopped
- taco seasoning
- an onion (white)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Start browning ground beef.
- Dice onion, add it to the ground beef, and brown.
- "Rice" the cauliflower in the food processor.
- Put browned onion and ground beef into a casserole dish.
- Add taco seasoning (bonus points for homemade).
- Add tomatoes and chiles.
- Mix it all together.
- Shred the cheese and spread on top.
- Bake in preheated oven on top rack for 15-20 minutes.
- Top with the scallion, and garnish with cottage cheese (a sour cream substitute), guacamole, and a salad!
- The cottage cheese is a great replacement for sour cream because it adds creaminess AND protein!
Additionally, if you want to make your own taco seasoning, which I recommend, I suggest using this recipe for your Cheesy Taco Casserole! Most store bought taco seasoning has sugar added to it (why??), so if you are trying to watch that, I recommend skipping it, and going for home made. Plus, this kind is delicious! 😉
Have you tried this? Once you do, let me know what you think in the comments below!
P.S. Did you like what you read? Make sure to check out other blogs on the page, and to subscribe by entering your email below, so you never miss a post!
Look better, Feel Better, and Be Better with Mandie Brice – on Facebook!
Mandie on Instagram!
Mandie on Periscope!
Mandie’s Google +