Are you looking to eat clean, but are afraid you will miss bread too much?
I recently tried a new recipe that I absolutely LOVED that I think are a great way to sneak a serving of vegetables in! If you’re following the 21 Day Fix or 21 Day Fix Extreme, like we are, each of these wraps counts as one green container and half a red container – then you just have to count in whatever you stuff them with!
- One head of cauliflower
- Four eggs
- Seasonings of your choosing!
- Start by making cauliflower rice - put rice into food processor/heavy duty blender and pulse or chop until crushed into tiny pieces!
- Then steam the cauliflower rice (15 minutes on a stove top, or 6 minutes in a microwave).
- Let it cool for five minutes, or until you can touch it without burning your hand!
- Put in cheesecloth, and squeeze out excess water.
- Mix in a bowl with the eggs, and seasonings you choose (I made mine without seasonings because I didn't know what I would put in it, but you can make it match the fillings to complement them)!
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour 1/4 of the mixture onto the paper, making a circle with no holes/gaps. Repeat four times!
- Bake the wrap for twenty minutes at 375.
- Add your fillings and serve!
- Parchment paper & cheesecloth.
I made four wraps, and enjoyed them twice – I just reheated them with the meat on it the second time in the NuWave, and then added my veggies after!
The first time was ground turkey with green peppers and cucumbers and mustard, and the second time was with chicken breast, green peppers, cucumbers, and mustard! The additions made each serving a total of two greens (I did half a container of each veggie, plus the wrap) and 1.5 reds! So delicious – definitely will be making this again when my 21 Day Fix Extreme Round Two is complete! And you’ll see more recipes from me then, too!
I have been laughed at forever for eating wraps/tacos/gyros with a claw hand, but it works! It keeps the valuable and delicious insides INSIDE of the wrap!
What do you want to put in them?