Oh my gosh, I can’t believe it has been so long since I’ve blogged! APPARENTLY, moving across the country is super time-consuming! Who knew?
I feel extra bad, because right before my last blog, I went to an amazing blogging class at a Femfessionals event, and was so fired up! To make myself feel better, I will re-activate my blogging with my Liebster award post, finally!
Here’s the deal:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominates you.
- Answer the questions given by the person who nominates you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 new questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know they’ve been nominated!
So, keeping with the rules, I have first need to thank Natasha at The Sprout Mix!
Here are the questions she asked, with my answers!
- What was the last picture you took with your phone of?
Here it is! It’s our pool… I was showing a friend my current situation while i was working from home!
- What is your ethnicity?
I am a huge mix of things, but what I DO know about is that I am 25% Native American, at least 12.5% Danish, at least 12.5% Norwegian, as well as a little Irish and German!
- What is the craziest prank you have ever pulled on anyone?
I don’t know if it’s that crazy, but I once filled my former roommate’s room with HUGE pictures of me when she left town to pick up her boyfriend and bring her to our place for the first time! I also may or may not have mooned my other former roommate REALLY close up by putting my bare rear near her face and calling her name!
- If you could stay one age forever, what age would you be?
Hard to pick between the last four years of my life! They have all been pretty incredible!
- What is the most awkward social encounter you have had?
I once met up with someone who posted a job ad for a makeup artist for a documentary on craigslist. It would take forever to explain, but I was at a pizza place in Oak Park, Illinois a VERY long time… And he started doing impersonations and also did a LONG list of racial slurs… I don’t really remember why. I was sitting there so long I started to get restless and kept stretching my neck, and he left me a long and weird voicemail asking if I was doing yoga when I did that… two days after we met. Needless to say, I did not do makeup for that documentary!
- What makes you happy?
The list is long, and I think that’s the way to be! Spending time with the people I love, helping others, reading, enjoying beautiful weather,
- What is one thing you would like to share about yourself?
I am SUPER passionate about helping people be the best versions of themselves. If you have goals of any kind and would like help working toward them, please send me a message (you can use the contact form on this site if we aren’t connected on social media)!
- Mountains or beach?
I would prefer beach, but am blessed to live in Mountain View, California now (as of Wednesday), which is super close to both!
- If you had to be trapped in a TV show for a month, which one would you be in?
I am not a huge TV person, so I am going to go a little old school… Lifestyles of the Rich and Famous sounds pretty nice!
- Socks or bare feet?
Bare feet, always and forever!
- What is your favorite holiday and why?
My favorite holiday is Easter… I like that Spring is coming, and that I usually get to see my family and eat good food (which often also includes chocolate)! This Easter will be different, since I am away from my family, so it might switch over to Thanksgiving or Christmas! I used to send out texts every day for bizarre holidays… And of those, I have to go with “Absurdity Day,” which is November 20th, my grandpa’s birthday!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
1. If you could live one place in the world for free, where would it be?
2. How do you define success?
3. If eight-year-old you looked at current you, would s/he be excited?
4. You have 24 free hours. What do you do?
5. What is your favorite physical activity?
6. What cities have you lived in?
7. What are you listening to right now? (The answer cannot be “nothing.”)
8. What is your favorite treat?
9. Who is the last person you hugged?
10. What is your favorite animal?
11. What is the most ridiculous thing that has ever happened to you?
And here are my nominees – go check out their awesome pages!
1. My Life With Four Kids
2. A Park Ave Wife
3. Eat Misery
4. Laura Walsh – Instead of Netflix
5. Lori Highby of Keystone Click
6. Around The World Paleo Style
7. Thistle and Hummingbird
8. Mortensen Law Firm
9. Lindsay BL
10. Cosmic Cosmetics
11. Metzger Brewing
I hope you enjoyed this unusual blog! I plan to be back at it much more regularly, now that we’re somewhat settled here in Mountain View!