Hello hello! Happy Friday! Here are a couple recipes for salads I think you will love! Salads are perfect for when the weather is too hot to cook, and you just want to get a lot of nutrients from vegetables into your body fast!
I made a couple salads in the past week – a fattier one with protein, and a vegetarian/vegan option perfect for everyone that I think I adapted from a meal option from the 3-Day Refresh (which is on sale this month as a challenge pack – the 3-Day Refresh + Shakeology, by the way)!
Here’s a tuna salad recipe that I adapted from my mom’s recipe (which uses noodles and traditional instead of primal mayo, so would not be considered primal/paleo like mine is)! I used more of that Primal Kitchen Mayo I have been raving about in these recipes for Primal Chicken Salad and Primal Coleslaw… It’s funny, because Tommy and I joked about the option they give you to have three jars automatically shipped a month, but we may actually even go through those, so it might not be the worst idea! In case you’re wondering, Primal Mayo uses avocado oil instead of canola oil like most, and here’s a reminder of why most vegetable oils are bad for you!
- 3 cans sustainably caught tuna - watch for weird ingredients
- 4 zucchini
- 2 avocados
- 1/2 cup Primal Mayo
- 1 cup frozen peas (yeah, I know they are legumes, but they add a certain sweetness! Plus, JERF, moderation, etc!)
- 1 bunch celery, chopped
- Cut zucchini into "zoodles" of your choice, either by slicing, using a spiralizer, Julienne cutter, whatever you prefer. Oddly enough, I used a french fry press we bought to make sweet potato fries!
- Place in large bowl.
- Slice celery into small pieces, add to bowl with celery.
- Add peas.
- Cut avocado into small cubes, add to bowl.
- Open cans of tuna, and give the tuna juice to your cat (if applicable). Put tuna in bowl.
- Add mayo. Enjoy!
- This was anecdotally "eye-balled," so feel free to add or subtract or change the amounts. Like most everything, I think this would be good with bits of bacon! 😉 Yields a pretty large amount (big glass bowl), but we make it to have for a few days of eating!
- Three large tomatoes
- Three large cucumbers
- One red onion
- One bushel celery
- Two avocados
- Two TBSP Olive Oil
- Two TBSP Balsamic Vinegar
- Chop/measure all ingredients.
- Put in bowl.
- Mix it up.
- Again, the measurements were estimated, as I eyeballed it. Go with your preference and how it tastes! If you try any modifications, please share them with me! Isn't it colorful and beautiful? Eat the rainbow!
What are some of your favorite healthy Summer salad options? Anything you’d like to see me Primal-ify for our next Fit Foodie Friday?
By the way, as you can gather from my second-to-last post, one of the things that makes me happiest in life is the way Beachbody coaching has impacted it! I am running a 5-Day Sneak Peek into Beachbody Coaching starting Monday with some coaches on my team. Click here to see what Beachbody coaching is like! 😉
Have an amazing weekend!
Did you like what you read? Make sure to check out other blogs on the page, and to subscribe by entering your email below, so you never miss a post!
Also, connect with me on social media!